Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Pansy at the Palace: A Beverly Hills Mystery

I love children's books. Especially now that so many of my friends have children, I am always looking for great gifts. Books are high on that list (read, kids!)--as shocking as that may sound to you!

So when I received an email about Cynthia Bardes and Kim Weissenborn's Pansy at the Palace: A Beverly Hills Mystery, I jumped at the chance to read it and to post about it.

A dog in a shelter sees everyone around her being adopted. Finally, the perfect owner comes in! When she sees hernew home, she is super jazzed. But what is up with that sneaky white cat? Why does he always smell like fish?

This book was positively adorable and I had a ball reading it. It's a children's book so it is short--but wonderfully so. Colorful illustrations, a solid and quick story-line, and a positive attitude throughout. I loved the character of Pansy--she made me giddy and happy. Adorably illustrated, she is a lovely character who is a solid companion. The story had a good moral and the illustrations grabbed my attention.

I will be getting this book for all of those lovely little ladies in my life as their first and second birthdays approach. I hope to see more Pansy adventures in the future!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment