Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Friday, July 19, 2013

Oh Brother! A Nico and Tugger Tale

Oh my goodness gracious--I am in love with these dogs. Oh Brother! A Nico and Tugger Tale by Kimberly Sentek and illustrated by Eumir Carlo Fernandez stole my heart.

Nico and Tugger are brothers, and each has a story of how they came to be. The first half of the book is Nico's story--he was an only dog and things were just fine until his parents brought home Tugger. Nico must learn to live with Tugger and eventually love him, because that's how siblings are. The second half of the book is Tugger's story--he is an innocent pup brought home to his new family, and he is beside himself to have a sibling! Tugger must learn to respect the boundaries of the relationship with his new brother.

Together these stories explore the meaning of family relationships. No matter how much your brother or sister drives you nuts, they are your family and you love them no matter what. I adore the illustrations in this book--the dogs are just too stinkin' cute. I love how similar yet how different they look, and I smiled through the whole book. What a great gift this is for a young child expecting a new baby brother or sister. Watch out, friends! You know what gift is coming your way soon...

Kindle version on left, hard copy on right.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nicole:

    Thank you so much for your wonderful review; you totally made my day! And I must agree--Nico and Tugger are too stinkin' cute (which is what saves them on the many days that they misbehave)!

    I am working on book two about them, and it will be the same format (both boys get to tell their versions of the same event). I hope it is one way to help children understand that not everyone sees the same situation the same way.

    If you are your readers have any ideas that they would like to see in another book about the pups, please feel free to share.

    Again, thank you so much!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!

      Thank YOU for the book. I am so excited to introduce the newest young gentleman in my life to Nico and Tugger.

      Nicole

      Delete