Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Third Birthday, Sassy Peach!

I am a toddler, you guys. It's like I am learning to walk and speak in full sentences. Except, you know, I'm a grown woman in grad school running a book blog.

This, my third year blogging, saw 164 book reviews, averaging out to one book every 2 and half days. I am a maniac.

I survived my second year of Book Expo America and it was amazing (and exhausting). I wish I could say that more milestones were coming to me, but it was a regular glorious year for me. I finished up my second year in my PhD program, and I only have one semester of classes left before I begin dissertating. (EEEK!)

As usual, my compilation of the best books I have read over the past year. Most were released in the past year, but a few were not--I just happened to love them and want to make sure you know it. Each post contains a link to purchase the book if you are interested, so click away, kids.

Countdown City by Ben H. Winters

Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson


Night Film by Marisha Pessl

You Are One of Them by Elliott Holt

Necessary Errors by Caleb Crain

Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah

The Storied Life of A.J. Firky by Gabrielle Zevin

Sleep Donation by Karen Russell

If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan

To Be a Friend is Fatal by Kirk W. Johnson

Eleven Days by Lea Carpenter

Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson

Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah

The Professor by Robert Bailey 

Kidding Ourselves by Joseph T. Hallinan

The UnAmericans by Molly Antopol

No comments:

Post a Comment