Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Book With No Pictures

At BEA this past year I stood in line to bat my eyelashes at B.J. Novak and pick up his children's book, The Book With No Pictures, much to my absolute delight.

This is a book with no pictures. It has words, though, and ones that you have to say. Because that's what books are--saying words! Even if those words at BLUURF or BLORK. You have to say them even if the book calls you a robot monkey. That's just the deal when you read a book.

I know this book has gotten a lot of good press lately, and it's well-deserved. This is a ridiculously adorable children's book that is fun for adults to read. (Or, at least, it's fun for this adult to read. But I have a low threshold for enjoyment, so keep that in mind.) That is, if you even remotely have a sense of humor, this book will put you on humor high. If you don't have a sense of humor, there is nothing I can do for you, nor can this book do anything to help. I giggled to myself and can absolutely see me reading this to some of the younger crowd in my life. Although let it be known, they aren't allowed to touch my personally autographed copy. For the record.

Hard copy for purchase below. GET THIS ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment