Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I am Four Years Old!

Can you believe it?!? Four years! I am floored and amazed that I still get to do this. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Don't think for a moment I could do this without you actually reading it.

There were some hard times and some great additions on Sassy Peach Reads this year. Things got crazy in my third year of grad school and I had to cut down posts in order to not lose my mind. I came back with a vengeance, instituted Stephen King Fridays, and added my favorite part to this blog -- my guest blogger, Charlotte. Isn't she fantastic?

125 posts, 120 books, 7 posts from Charlotte, and so many readers. We hit 500 posts (on my favorite book of the year, no less!), and we survived. Thank you for another great year.

Now for your favorite part of my birthday post--a round up of the best books I read this year. A reminder that not all of these were released this year, although many of them were; these were all read this year. In no particular order, voila!

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes*

The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace by Jeff Hobbes

The Yeti Files by Kevin Sherry

The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 

The New "I Do" by Susan Pease Gadoua and Vicki Larson 

Landline by Rainbow Rowell 

To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Jonathan Ferris

Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher

The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion

The Vacationers by Emma Straub

Fire Shut Up in My Bones by Charles M. Blow

Ghettoside by Jill Leovy


*One of my favorites of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment