Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, DON'T!

At Book Expo America this year, there were so many great children's books to choose from. I picked up If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, DON'T! by Elise Parsley, and thank goodness I did!

Alligators are trouble. They throw paper airplanes, they draw funny pictures that make you laugh, and worst of all, they eat humans, which means you have to give them gum to keep them busy but that's against the rules. Which means you get in big trouble. Like, all day. Sigh. If you ever want to bring an alligator to school -- don't.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I loved this book. I mean, I just loved this book. It is silly and ridiculous and absolutely perfect in every way. It is a delight of a book, and I will be keeping it for myself because when I need a laugh, I will be opening this book. First of all, the illustrations are perfect. Colorful, big, and joyful. The kids are depicted exactly as I love them -- big and round and soft and crazy. And the story. It is hilarious. Magnolia, the young lady who brings the alligator to school, is a riot. She is seemingly innocent in her endeavor (after all, the teacher said to bring some thing from nature) and tries so hard to explain to you, her audience, why it is a bad idea to bring an alligator to school. Which makes her positively charming. I completely felt for her, poor girl.

So pick this up for your child. You won't regret it.

For purchase below.

No comments:

Post a Comment