Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

If You Were Me and Lived in...Italy

New additions to the series! I am so excited when I get the latest If You Were Me and Lived In... series, but this time it was different. I identify strongly with my Italian heritage, and Italy is one of my absolute, most favorite places in the world. I was almost in tears reading this, and I'm so thankful to have this on my shelf and in my life.

Oh, the Boot. Italy's nickname comes from the country's shape. Did you know that the country is actually The Republic of Italy? That the Vatican is considered a separate country, therefore making it a country in a country? So many other important information is contained within these pages, such as what you might be named, where you might live, what you might visit or do for fun, and absolutely what you would eat! 

If you were me and lived in Italy, your life might be a lot like it is in the United States, but cooler. I would never hide the fact that I am absolutely biased. I love gelato, but I also love the larger cuisine, of which Roman dedicates a nice big page to covering. The dishes that I love are so accurately described, so much so that I find myself starving as I type this. I never called my grandparents by their traditional Italian names, for several reasons, one of which is that I found out in my 20's that my grandmother is actually Polish. (Don't ask. No one in my family communicates.) I did, however, grow up with a fascination of this country and my family roots. 

I am beyond thrilled that Italy finally made the cut and has it's own book in the series. Thank you, Carole, for reading my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment