Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Max at Night

Oh, Max. My sweet, sweet Max. I adore this cat, and I want every future book that Ed Vere writes. He is adorable and small and round and rolly and I want Max for myself. I picked up his first book, Max the Brave, last year, and when I saw galleys for this at BEA this year, I literally gasped. Like, out loud. I almost lost my marbles. Because, MAX. This year, it's Max at Night, by Ed Vere.

Max is about to head to bed, and he's saying goodnight to everything he loves. When he gets to the moon, he doesn't see him. Can Moon hear him? Does Moon know that Max is trying to say goodnight? What if he doesn't know? Max can't take that chance, so he starts to search Moon out. He goes out onto the balcony. He goes on to the roof. He climbs a tall tree. Finally, as high as he can get, so close to the sky, he finds the moon. Moon tells Max goodnight and tells Max that even if he can't see Moon, Moon can hear him.

Max Max Max Max Max. I love this cat so much, and I want all the books that Vere wants to write about Max. He's adorably round and squishy and roly-poly, and he's ridiculous to watch move through the story. Ridiculous because of the love, I mean. Max isn't just cute either -- he's precocious, and he gets himself into just enough trouble to be sweet but not enough to ACTUALLY be trouble. He is a little sassy but not enough to be a bad influence, and he tries to fix problems that aren't really problems, but are darned cute anyway.

I want every Max book that will ever be created. I love having Max in my library of children's books that will never actually be read by my own future children because I want them all to stay nice. I will buy them their own copies, so Max will be doubled up and in abundance in my home.

2 comments:

  1. I JUST WANT TO SQUISH HIM!! He is so cute!! I love he's all small and round. IRL funny enough I don't really like cats but you can't help it when the cay IS SO FREAKING CUTTEEEE.♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST WANT TO SQUISH HIM!! He is so cute!! I love he's all small and round. IRL funny enough I don't really like cats but you can't help it when the cay IS SO FREAKING CUTTEEEE.♡♡

    ReplyDelete