Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Friday, July 8, 2016

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've come. Especially in such a hard year, the fact that I could make it this far is really amazing to me.

I haven't done a half-decade round up, so I'm not quite sure the exact number of books I've read and reviewed in 5 years, but it's definitely been a ton. Since starting this blog I have made it most of the way through a PhD program, been on more dates than a girl should ever have to go on, fell in love with my best friend, and moved three times in one year. 2016 was rough; I had a hard time reading at all, let alone reading and putting up reviews. Thank you for your loyalty through my silence. I promised myself that when blogging here that I would only do it as long as I was having fun. I'm still having fun -- so on to another year!

Total stats for my fifth year: 81 books reviewed, 7 of those guest posts from Charlotte. (Thank you, Charlotte!)

Now for my list of Best of 2016. As usual, my disclaimer is that not ALL of these were published in the past year, but I did read them all this year. The list is shorter in past years due to my early 2016 sabbatical, but I am still pretty happy with the list. It's a mishmash of non-fiction, fiction, thrillers, and memoirs. Enjoy!

So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson

$2.00 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America by Kathryn J. Edin & H. Luke Shaefer

Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget by Sarah Hepola

The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick

Approval Junkie by Faith Salie

The Killing Lessons by Saul Black

The Best of Youth by Michael Dahlie

This is Water by David Foster Wallace

In a Dar, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg

The Girls by Emma Cline

While the City Slept by Eli Sanders

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us. Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete