Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Monday, August 8, 2016

Capitol Hill Books -- Denver, Colorado

This past weekend I was in Denver, Colorado for a dear friend's wedding. The wedding was gorgeous -- it was at Red Rocks Chapel, where the windows behind the altar opened up on Red Rocks, and the view was to die for. I am thrilled that she is happy and that they both had the day they so wanted. I couldn't be happier for them.

I was also there for a work convention, and on Saturday afternoon the boyfriend was flying in for the wedding. I had a few hours to kill, so I decided to hit up a consignment store downtown, and subsequently, since I was already parked, I opted to walk instead of move my car. On the way, I immediately spotted this:


I'm sure it will surprise you not in the least that I can spot a bookstore a mile away. This one was Capitol Hill Books. So of course I went in.



I have a particular affinity for used bookstores, just as I love finding great secondhand clothes. I love the idea that I am continuing to care for things that have already been loved -- at least enough for someone to try to give it new life -- and that I am supporting businesses that want to give these things new life in new owners. 

I poked around for a while and loved every second of it. The staff was so nice and there are SO MANY BOOKS! I picked up some John Grisham's and Ann Rule's that I haven't yet read. Working on beating those repertoires, you guys. I also got out of there for $21. Seriously. It was a steal. Go visit if you are in town.



Oh, and that secondhand clothing store? Act II is just a few blocks from Capitol Hill Books. I made out like a bandit there as well (three dresses and a cardigan for $30, no joke!). Visit both when you are in town. It's well worth the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment