Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Innisfree Poetry Bookstore & Cafe -- Boulder, Colorado


Saturday nights are date night for the boyfriend and me, and since I picked him up from the airport Saturday afternoon, I decided that we were going to continue on to Boulder since it was only 45 minutes away. I am so thankful we did. It was stunning, and we had such an amazing time. 

After I pulled off the highway to check out the UC Boulder campus, I ran into this bookstore, Innisfree Poetry Bookstore and Cafe, and immediately parked the car. While I am not a big poetry fan, I am a fan of small bookstores and doing what I can to contribute. 

It was a lovely, lovely little place. The boyfriend and I sat in the cafe with some coffee, and I poked through the stack. I ended up not purchasing a book, but I did purchase the small coffee tumbler in the picture to the right. It's the PERFECT size for my morning coffee. I'm a recovering caffeine-oholic, and I've whittled it down to about one cup every morning.

I realized as well that there aren't very many pictures of me on this blog. It's nice to have the guy around to take pictures of me instead of selfies all the time. 

We had a lovely time at the cafe and in Boulder as a whole. I would highly recommend it, and we look forward to coming back and doing some hiking. Check out the mountain, below. It's Chataqua, and the chairs that are set up were for a wedding we just missed. It was really something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment