Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Thursday, October 27, 2016

How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity

My friends just get me. She gave me this book as a present in which to return the money she owed me, and that is a good friend. She knew i would love How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity by Patricia Carlin.

If you have a cat, and you're not making money, what's the point having a cat? This book cheekily explores ways that you can exploit your cat for financial gain using the inter-webs. There are many different routes you can take, including funny, sad, dress up, or intellectual. Choose your poison, post, promote, and revel in the dough!

This book was a nice joyous addition to my weekend. I wanted a quick read that was going to make me smile, and this hit the nail on the nose. (Not sure if that's an actual expression, but I just decided it's one.) It was full of pictures of cats, which is probably my all-time favorite reasons to love a book, but it was also annotated and presented in a way that doesn't just promote cat celebrity but mocks it as well. This book was mostly tongue-in-cheek but also somewhat serious. It's amazing how many people have actually made their cats Internet celebrities, and I would be lying if I said that it didn't cross my mind to try. Henry the One Eyed Wonder Cat is amazing and hilarious and cute and sweet and intellectual, but it's hard to get all of that across in a meme. So he and I will just have to settle for obscurity in our Harlem apartment.

1 comment:

  1. BAHA! When I first read the title of your blog post, I thought you were actually going to tell us how to make a cat an internet celebrity, but then I saw that it was just the tale of the book so then I was like "Aha, now it makes total sense." ;) This seems like it was a quick read and even though I'm totally not a cat person, this would be cute for one of those days that you want a light read and don't want to exert too many brain cells while reading. ;)

    Awesome review, lovely ! <3

    ReplyDelete