Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Yeti Files: Meet the Bigfeet

I picked this book up at Book Expo last year as a gift for my sister. It's a bit of an inside joke, yeti's are, so as soon as I saw this I picked up a copy, no questions asked. I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved Kevin Sherry's The Yeti Files: Meet the Bigfeet.

Blizz Richards is a stand up guy. He's kind, loyal, great to his family, and has a big heart. He's also a yeti. You know, bigfoot? Lives in the woods? Never seen? Yeah. He heads to his bigfoot family reunion in North America only to be stalked by an evil man who will stop at nothing to get a photo to prove that Bigfoot is real.

Oh. Em. Gee. I am not sure where to begin with the amazingness that was this book. Like I said, I picked it up on a whim to be fun gift for my sister, then I sat around last night laughing my head off because this book is AMAZING. It is astoundingly clever with a well-told story that is completely plausible (he he he) and for both kids and adults. Some is very quick humor, so for those of you reading along with your kids you will have a good laugh, but it's still on point for your middle schooler. I love that there is a clear story that is written out and supported by illustrations that are utterly fantastic. I adore this book, and now that I have read it I don't think I'm going to share it with my sister. My bad.

For purchase below.

No comments:

Post a Comment