Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Friday, August 7, 2015

Max the Brave

This is, arguably, the best children's book I have ever read. I picked it up at Book Expo America this year and read it immediately only to fall madly with Max. You will too soon enough. 

Max is a kitten who is new to the world. He desperately wants to chase a mouse, so he goes out in search of one. He asks every animal he comes across, only to be turned down by rabbits and birds and the like. He then runs across a mouse who throws him off his trail. The ending of this book will make you cry with happiness. 

I am madly in love with Max and I want him to come live with me. I am not sure how you can begin to understand my deep and abiding love for Max. He is not just adorable -- I mean, just look at that picture on the cover -- but he is captivating in his search for the ever elusive mouse. He asks everyone around if they are the mouse. Each replies no. Including the mouse himself, who passes him off to a much larger creature, whom Max tries to capture. Much to his regret, I might add. This book is incredibly clever, beyond adorable, and is one of my all time favorite children's books. I will be holding on to this copy and picking it up for a giggle on a regular basis, because I'm worth it. And Max is, too.

For purchase below.

No comments:

Post a Comment