Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Friday, March 22, 2013

Haiku for the Single Girl

Hi loves! I am on vacation until Wednesday, April 3 (it's Spring Break!!!), so the next few posts will be devoted to my favorite books of all time. I will be reading non-stop while I am away so there will be plenty of new books to discuss when I return!

My sister gave me an off-list gift for Christmas a few years ago--Haiku for the Single Girl by Beth Griffenhagen. It is just so absolutely amazing I have to share it.

How do I even begin? It's a book of haiku about being a single girl. Some are silly, some are serious, but all of them are riotously true. I have dog-eared the daylights out of this book with my favorite ones. Seriously, I look back on this all the time, especially after a bad date and I need to be reminded that I'm awesomely single.

I won't actually reprint any of the haiku here since you need to read this for yourself. It's short and sweet, gift-book size if you will, so it's not heavy reading. It's sweet and lovely with adorable line drawings to illustrate the poetry. Just get it. You will love it.

It makes a great gift. For others, or for yourself.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment