Featured Post

Sassy Peach Goes to Kindergarten: Happy 5th Birthday!

Wow! We made it! Half a decade! That's crazy talk. I said to a friend the other day how much I couldn't believe how far I've com...

Friday, October 18, 2013

Rude Bitches Make Me Tired: Slightly Profane and Entirely Logical Answers to Modern Etiquette Dilemmas

Rude Bitches Make Me Tired: Slightly Profane and Entirely Logical Answers to Modern Etiquette Dilemmas by Celia Rivenbark. Do you need more information than that?

Modern day conveniences have lead to a multitude of etiquette issues that can only be righteously solved by a brassy Southern woman. No, not me. Celia Rivenbark. This short and sweet etiquette book is everything you want and more--it is exactly what the subtitle advertises. Slightly profane, entirely logical, and utterly hilarious.

I loved this book. Not just because rude bitches also make me tired, but because of how right on the money it is. Some advice is hilarious, and some is just honestly true. (Yes, I realize the negation of that last sentence and I stand by it.) I appreciate Celia's strait forward attitude toward topics that might be too delicate for others to address, including public bathroom courtesy and what you should really do at a dinner party.

There was so much that I appreciated about Celia's personality throughout the book; I loved that she was genuine and up front about her own faux pas yet confident enough to make them lessons. Her attitude toward stupidity is simply entertaining, and I would love to have her over for a dinner party. If I threw them. Which I don't.

I laughed my rear off reading this book, and it's one that I plan on keeping close by. On my Kindle, of course, so that I may always reference it when out and about.

Kindle version on left, hard copy on right.

No comments:

Post a Comment